About The Position
Employment Type: 8 month co-op/internship
Salary Range: $18/hr
We are seeking university or college co-op/internship students with a background in science & engineering, who are passionate about inspiring and educating children and teens through hands-on projects. At The STEAM Project, we develop projects and experiences that give our participants hands-on opportunities to learn, build, and explore. This co-op/internship position will take place in-person at our Makerspace in Richmond Hill.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Enjoys working with kids and youth
- Has experience building cool hands-on engineering projects
- Likes a good challenge and enjoys problem solving
- Is self-motivated and organized
- Likes to work collaboratively with others to brainstorm ideas
Role & Responsibilities
- Instruct lessons and activities for children and teens during after school/weekend classes, and summer camps
- Research, design and prototype hands-on projects relating to science, technology, and engineering
- Create projects with lesson plans with skill development, curriculum, and learning goals in mind
- Examples of skills you will teach through projects and lessons include: design challenges, 3D printing, CAD, electronics, woodworking, and more.
- Experience with design, prototyping, and hands-on building
- Experience working with children and/or teens
- The following would be an asset:
- Experience with 2D/3D design (Illustrator, CAD software)
- Experience with safety measures in a workshop and with fabrication equipment (ie. 3D printing, laser cutting, woodworking tools, etc.)
- Required Certifications: Emergency First Aid with CPR-C (or willingness to obtain)
Please include the following information in your cover letter: (1) Your availability, and (2) Your ability to commute to our location
This posting will remain listed until the position is filled.
This job is funded by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program (SWPP). The SWPP program requires that candidates be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a protected person defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.