Role & Responsibilities
- Instruct lessons and activities for children and teens during after school/weekend classes, and summer camps
- Research, design and prototype hands-on projects relating to science, technology, and engineering
- Create projects with lesson plans with skill development, curriculum, and learning goals in mind
- Examples of skills you will teach through projects and lessons include: design challenges, 3D printing, CAD, electronics, woodworking, and more.
- Experience with design, prototyping, and hands-on building
- Experience working with children and/or teens
- The following would be an asset:
- Experience with 2D/3D design (Illustrator, CAD software)
- Experience with safety measures in a workshop and with fabrication equipment (ie. 3D printing, laser cutting, woodworking tools, etc.)
- Required Certifications: Emergency First Aid with CPR-C (or willingness to obtain)
Please include the following information in your cover letter: (1) Your availability, and (2) Your ability to commute to our location
This posting will remain listed until the position is filled.
This job is funded by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program (SWPP). The SWPP program requires that candidates be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a protected person defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.