Role & Responsibilities
- Facilitate fun and exciting programming to groups of campers ages 4-14
- Ensure camper and staff safety at activity areas at all times
- Design STEAM lesson plans and activities as required
- Communicate with other instructors, counsellors, and the Leadership Team
- Have a ton of fun!
- Currently a student in a post-secondary institution or graduated
- 1+ years experience facilitating programs for children, ideally in a camp or recreation setting
- 2+ years experience working with children
Considered an Asset:
- Experience with or education in making, robotics, coding, electronics, 2D/3D design, art tech
- Emergency First Aid certification (Standard First Aid with CPR-C preferred)
- Vulnerable Sector Screening Check (upon hire – if under 18 years of age, a voluntary disclosure form will be provided by the camp for you to sign instead)
This job may be funded by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program (SWPP). The SWPP program requires that candidates be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or a protected person defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.