Role & Responsibilities
- Consulting with stakeholders to determine camp requirements
- Supervising a camp curriculum with level-appropriate activities
- Planning daily camp activities and creating activity schedules
- Presenting camp information to prospective clients, when required
- Hiring camp employees, including activity specialists, recreation leaders, and camp counselors
- Overseeing camp employee as well as ensuring the wellbeing of campers
- Managing the allocated budget, as well as ordering camp equipment and supplies
- Ensuring safe practices and a healthy camp environment
- Keeping records and documenting processes
- Demonstrable experience as a camp director managing similarly structured camps
- Experience in planning and developing camp activities, as well as modifying activities when required is a plus
- Advanced ability to hire, train, and oversee camp employees, as well as ensuring the campers’ wellbeing.
- Extensive experience in working with children as well as arranging supplies and equipment.
- Ability to manage budgets and monitor expenses.
- Proficiency in office software, including Google Drive & Gmail, MS Word, Excel
- In-depth knowledge of activity-related safety regulations, as well as health and sanitation requirements is a plus
- Ability to document processes and perform recordkeeping
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
This job may be funded by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program (SWPP). The SWPP program requires that candidates be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or a protected person defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.