About The Position
We are looking for High School students who have a passion for Science, Technology, Engineering, Design, and the Arts, and want to gain hands-on work experience in a Makerspace environment.
As per the requirements for high school cooperative education terms, the typical weekly time requirement is 15 hours.
These hours can be completed during a portion of your school hours, during Monday to Fridays.
However, if possible, some evening or weekend hours would be ideal in order for co-op students to have the opportunity to help with teaching the materials they are helping to prepare for.
Choose your stream of interest:
Creative Interest (Marketing/Photography)
- Practice creating graphics using tools like Canva and Adobe Illustrator
- Help take photos and videos during courses
- Learn how to edit photo and video content
Workshop Interest (Manufacturing/R&D)
- Learn how to use digital software for designing in 2D and 3D
- Practice using equipment like 3D printers, laser cutters, power woodworking tools, and more
- Brainstorm and help develop new STEAM projects with a team
Teaching Interest (Lesson Prep/Teacher’s Assistant)
- Help prepare lesson materials before class start time
- Provide assistance to students when the head instructor is busy helping other kids