Role & Responsibilities
- Supervise and mentor a group of Unit Heads, their staff, and campers
- Oversight of the camp day
- Train and evaluate Unit Heads
- Communicate with Unit Heads, Counsellors, Instructors, camp families, and members of the Leadership Team on an ongoing basis
- Lead staff meetings
- Liaise between Leadership Team and Unit Heads
- Manage staff and/or camper conduct as needed
- Previous experience in a supervisory or leadership role in camp or related field.
- 3+ years experience working with children ages 4 to 14 in a camp or educational setting
- Full weekday availability for pre-camp from mid May until June and camp in July and August.
Considered an Asset:
- A background or education in teaching, recreation, early childhood education, science and technology, outdoor adventure, sports, or a related field
- Current Standard First Aid with CPR-HCP (or willingness to obtain)
- Valid driver’s license
- Vulnerable Sector Screening Check (upon hire)
This job may be funded by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program (SWPP). The SWPP program requires that candidates be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or a protected person defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.