We are looking for people with a passion for Science, Technology and/or Design and who love teaching and inspiring children and youth in a summer camp environment.
Interested applicants should include a cover letter and state within it why they would like to be an activity head/specialist with The STEAM Project.
Location: We offer programs at 4 locations in York Region during the summer;
- Our Makerspace, at 561 Edward Ave. (Richmond Hill)
- Richmond Hill Curling Club (Richmond Hill)
- Richland Academy (Richmond Hill)
- Unionville Curling Club (Markham)
Commitment: May-June (flexible dates), Full time from July 5th – August 28th)
Additional Opportunities: Applicants also have the opportunity to work in our year-round after-school/weekend programs in York Region.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Available Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm from July 5th – August 28th and select weekends in May and June for staff training.
- Deliver fun, hands-on, educational activities for children and youth ages 5-14
Qualifications and Skills
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary education or beyond
- Education related to Engineering, Industrial or Graphic Design, Computer Programming, CAD, Art, Electronics, Game design
- Previous camp or recreation experiences working with children
- Experience and passion for building/making, robotics, coding, and/or graphic design an asset
Contract length: 4 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: Up to $16.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
The health and safety of our staff and participants are of the highest priority. We operated last summer with the guidance of government regulations with strict screening, PPE and emergency policies in place.
- instructing: 1 year (Preferred)