Role & Responsibilities
- Help with project production and manufacturing
- Assist with redesigning and modifying existing projects
- Occasionally act as support in more technical lessons (eg. guiding a class through 3D printing, woodworking, laser cutting, etc.)
- Experience with design, prototyping, and hands-on building
- Experience working with children and/or teens
Considered an Asset:
- Hands-on experience with hand and power tools, 3D printers, and/or laser cutters.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and functions for organization
- Experience with 3D design software (eg. AutoCAD, Fusion 360, Rhino)
- Experience with 2D design software (eg. Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape, Corel)
- Experience with safety measures in a workshop and with fabrication equipment
- Emergency First Aid with CPR-C (or willingness to obtain)
This job may be funded by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program (SWPP). The SWPP program requires that candidates be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or a protected person defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.