Role & Responsibilities
- To be the face of health at camp!
- Train staff on camp wellness policies
- Maintain and update health and safety policies and procedures
- Organize and manage camper and staff health forms, including allergies, camper behaviour notes, medication needs, epi-pen lists, etc.
- Tend to any health or medical incidents that may occur during camp
- Document and report any health-related incidents
- Communicate with counsellors, camp families, instructors, and members of the Leadership Team on an ongoing basis regarding health and wellness related issues
- Maintain Wellness Station inventory and request supply replenishment as necessary
- Active engagement in camp activities when not performing health care duties
- Currently enrolled in or graduated from a post-secondary nursing program or working as a healthcare practitioner
- Previous experience in a supervisory role
- 2+ years experience working with children ages 4 – 14
- Full weekday availability in July and August and select training days in June
Considered an Asset:
- Previous experience as a student nurse
- Previous camp or recreation experience
- Standard First Aid with CPR-HCP (or willingness to obtain)
- Valid driver’s license
- Vulnerable Sector Screening Check (upon hire)
This job may be funded by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program (SWPP). The SWPP program requires that candidates be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or a protected person defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.