Role & Responsibilities
- Provide optimal supervision and enrichment to a group of campers ages 4-14
- Deliver fun, hands-on activities to campers
- Communicate with other counsellors, instructors, and the Leadership Team
- Ensure camper safety at all times
- Basic administrative tasks, including but not limited to; camper evaluations and birthday cards
- Manage camper conduct as needed
- Have a ton of fun!
- Must be at least 16 years of age by December 31st, 2023.
- Previous experience working with children, ideally in a camp or recreation setting
Considered an Asset:
- For STEAM Camp: Experience with making, robotics, coding, electronics, 2D/3D Design
- For Outdoor Adventure Camp: Experience in outdoor activities like survival skills, archery, firebuilding, knot tying, sports, or similar.
- Current Basic First Aid with CPR-C (or willingness to obtain)
- Vulnerable Sector Screening Check (upon hire – if under 18 years of age, a voluntary disclosure form will be provided by the camp for you to sign instead)
This job may be funded by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program (SWPP). The SWPP program requires that candidates be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or a protected person defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.