About The Position
Employment Type: Full-Time, contract
– Mandatory pre-camp training dates: June 17, 24, 28, 29 (9:30am-4:30pm)
– Camp dates: July 3 – August 25 (8:45am – 4:30pm, Thursdays until 5pm)
Contract Salary Range: $4,150 – $4,850
We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic camp counsellors to join our Summer 2023 camp team. Our counsellors are integral to an amazing summer camp experience. They oversee a group of campers within a specific age group (we call them Cabins), acting as a positive role model by providing optimal supervision and ensuring a safe, fun experience. Counsellors are the ones that are able to get campers excited about… just about everything! We offer some of the coolest, cutting edge technology and provide campers with enriching, next-level programs and activities. If you have experience working with children and have a passion for inspiring youth, STEAM, and camp, we would love to meet you!
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has experience supervising children in a camp/recreation/educational setting
- Is team-oriented and collaborative
- Can make any situation fun and is able to encourage others to feel the same way
- Is looking to have an amazing summer and provide that same opportunity to their campers
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide optimal supervision and enrichment to a group of campers ages 4-14
- Deliver fun, hands-on activities to campers
- Communicate with other counsellors, instructors, and the Leadership Team
- Ensure camper safety at all times
- Basic administrative tasks, including but not limited to; camper evaluations and birthday cards
- Manage camper conduct as needed
- Have a ton of fun!
- Must be at least 16 years of age by December 31st, 2023.
- Previous experience working with children, ideally in a camp or recreation setting
Considered an Asset:
- For STEAM Camp: Experience with making, robotics, coding, electronics, 2D/3D Design
- For Outdoor Adventure Camp: Experience in outdoor activities like survival skills, archery, firebuilding, knot tying, sports, or similar.
- Current Basic First Aid with CPR-C (or willingness to obtain)
- Vulnerable Sector Screening Check (upon hire – if under 18 years of age, a voluntary disclosure form will be provided by the camp for you to sign instead)
This job may be funded by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program (SWPP). The SWPP program requires that candidates be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or a protected person defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.