We are looking for high school students with a passion for Science, Technology and/or Design and who want to teach and inspire children.
Interested applicants should include a cover letter and state within it why they would like to be an assistant instructor with The STEAM Project.
Location: 561 Edward Ave., Unit 1 (Bayview and Elgin Mills)
Commitment: Part-time starting immediately
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan and deliver fun, hands-on, educational activities for children and youth ages 8-14 through live virtual sessions.
Qualifications and Skills
- Currently attending high school
- Previous camp or recreation experiences working with children an asset.
- Experience and passion for electronics (arduino, raspberry pi), robotics, coding an asset.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contract length: 3 months
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $14.25 per hour
- Night shift
To protect our staff and patrons, all persons entering the building must wear a face covering and sanitize their hands upon entry. Participants are screened before each class, including a contactless temperature check.
- educational program: 1 year (Preferred)