We are looking for University/College and High School students who love summer camp, have a passion for Science, Technology, Engineering, Design, and the Arts, and want to inspire youth in a unique summer camp environment.
Watch our Staff Video to see what it’s like at camp: https://youtu.be/KoMGk9Jn2k8
Interested applicants should include a cover letter and state within it why they would like to be a counsellor at The STEAM Project Summer Camp.
Location(s): Our summer camps operate in three locations;
- Richmond Hill Curling Club (Richmond Hill)
- Richland Academy (Richmond Hill)
- Unionville Curling Club (Markham)
Commitment: July 5th – August 28th, available Monday-Friday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Five Mandatory training dates in June prior to the summer.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide supervision, and deliver fun, hands-on, educational activities for children ages 4-16
Qualifications and Skills Desired:
- Previous camp or recreation experiences working with children
- Emergency First Aid certification (Standard First Aid with CPR-C preferred)
- Education related to Science, Engineering, Design, Coding, Manufacturing, CAD
- Experience with making, robotics, coding, electronics, VR, 2D/3D Design
- Access to 3D printers, Laser Cutters, CNC, Electronics, Vinyl Cutters, Woodworking equipment etc.
- Working with likeminded and very creative staff
- Working with kids who are passionate about Science, Technology and Design
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Expected Start Date: 2021-07-05
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $700.00-$1,100.00 per month
- Monday to Friday
The health and safety of our staff and participants are of the highest priority. We operated last summer with the guidance of government regulations with strict screening, PPE and emergency policies in place.