About this Course
Learn about circuit-building and programming in a beginner-friendly environment. Throughout the course, students will work with hand tools and small circuits to build projects designed around the Micro:bit system, a beginner-friendly circuit board that can be programmed for all sorts of uses. Projects will include a portable game controller, a rocket launchpad, and an electronically-controlled Mars Habitat.
How it Works
This seven-session course is broken up into weekly activities and projects, starting with introducing the basics of circuits and programming and building towards larger and more advanced projects as the session goes on. No experience is required.
- Session Length: Once a week/ 7 weeks
- Technology Access: our virtual programs require a desktop computer/ laptop with access to an internet connection. All software and tools needed will be provided to students
- We reserve the right to cancel the class if less than half the spots are filled
Pickup & Delivery Options
- FREE CANADA-WIDE SHIPPING
- Option available to households
- PICK UP AT RICHMOND HILL MAKERSPACE
- Receive $10 OFF for pick up
- Address: 561 Edward Ave Unit 1 Richmond Hill, ON L4C 9W6
|Nov 4 – Dec 16||Wednesdays||5:00 – 6:00 pm|
|Nov 7 – Dec 19||Saturdays||11:00 – 12:00 pm|
$210 plus tax (+ $50 material fee deposit*)
*refundable if returned
CreateNCode teaches the fundamentals of electricity & circuits, programming, and fabrication, serving as an introduction to how these three maker skills can be integrated to form fun and cohesive projects.