About this Course
Learn about circuit-building and programming in a beginner-friendly environment. Throughout the course, students will work with hand tools and small circuits to build projects designed around the Micro:bit system, a beginner-friendly circuit board that can be programmed for all sorts of uses. Projects will include a portable game controller, a rocket launchpad, and an electronically-controlled Mars Habitat.
How it Works
This course is broken up into weekly activities and projects, starting with introducing the basics ofcircuits and programming and building towards larger and more advanced projects as the session goes on. No experience is required. This course is the prerequisite program for Create N Code II.
- Session Length: Once a week/9 weeks
- Technology Access: our virtual programs require a desktop computer/ laptop with access to an internet connection. All software and tools needed will be provided to students
- We reserve the right to cancel the class if less than half the spots are filled
Pickup & Delivery Options
- FREE CANADA-WIDE SHIPPING
- Option available to households
- Session start date: Jan 13, 2020
- Enrolment deadline to receive FREE SHIPPING: January 4, 2020
- PICK UP AT RICHMOND HILL MAKERSPACE
- Receive $10 OFF for pick up
- Address: 561 Edward Ave Unit 1 Richmond Hill, ON L4C 9W6
|Jan 13 – Mar 10||Wednesdays||5:00 – 6:00 pm|
|Jan 16 – Mar 13||Saturdays||11:00 – 12:00 pm|
$269 plus tax (+ $50 electronics and material fee)
Create ‘N’ Code teaches the fundamentals of electricity & circuits, programming, and fabrication, serving as an introduction to how these three maker skills can be integrated to form fun and cohesive projects.