About this Course
Building on the coding concepts and circuit-building skills students acquired in Create ‘N’ Code 1, this course will teach students about the real-life applications of using sensors and electronics. Students will learn about the science and engineering concepts behind space exploration by growing their own plants in Martian simulated soil, building a growing pod attachment to their Mars Habitats, and coding the Micro:bit controller to take metrics such as soil moisture, temperature, and light levels. Students will also learn to collect and graph data, an important skill to learn for future science experiments.
How it Works
This ten-session course is broken up into weekly lessons and activities, starting with an introduction to science concepts relevant to our theme and building towards using electronics to demonstrate the physical and quantitative sides of those concepts. The goal is for students to understand how all topics in science, from circuits to plant biology, are connected in the physical world. Completion of Create ‘N’ Code 1 is recommended.
- Session Length: Once a week/10 weeks
- Technology Access: our virtual programs require a desktop computer/ laptop with access to an internet connection. All software and tools needed will be provided to students
- We reserve the right to cancel the class if less than half the spots are filled
Pickup & Delivery Options
- FREE CANADA-WIDE SHIPPING
- Option available to households
- Enrolment deadline to receive FREE SHIPPING: December 30, 2020
- PICK UP AT RICHMOND HILL MAKERSPACE
- Receive $10 OFF for pick up
- Address: 561 Edward Ave Unit 1 Richmond Hill, ON L4C 9W6
|Jan 6 – Mar 10||Wednesday||5:00 – 6:00 pm|
|Jan 9 – Mar 13||Saturday||11:00 – 12:00 pm|
$299 plus tax (+$30 material fee)
Create ‘N’ Code teaches the fundamentals of electricity & circuits, programming, and fabrication, serving as an introduction to how these three maker skills can be integrated to form fun and cohesive projects.